Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Girl Talking Advice



Good afternoon blogger world, I'm sorry I've been away so long. How will you ever forgive me?

Well, to help earn that forgiveness, I'll write about something extra special: codenames.

Girls, have you ever wanted to talk about someone to your girlfriends, but were afraid that the wrong people would overhear? Well, taking from my favorite show of ALL TIME, Sex and the City, I've found the answer to the ultimate problem, "How to ensure the wrong people don't hear my gossip." That answer is codenames. Give every man you talk about a codename.
Just as Carrie and company used codenames, aka Mr. Big, My girlfriends and I used to use these all the time. A few of the ones we used were Ladder, Chair, Shoes, Mop, Cowboy, Singer, etc...
Now, these may sound like random names, but the thing is, they all need to have some kind of relevance to the guy in question. For instance, Ladder was really tall. The first time I talked to Chair was my eighth grade year and he was sitting on a weird chair. Shoes was a runner for the school office. Mop had long hair. Cowboy was, well, a cowboy, and Singer is also self explanatory. (Please take note, only a couple of these were codenames for guys I was interested in. These also include friends' love interests)
The best part about using these codenames: confidentiality. And half the fun is in choosing the names.

Keep it classy. Keep it country
Gretta Patrick <3

No comments:

Post a Comment