Thursday, June 21, 2012

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Okay everyone! It's almost the third month of summer vacation and it is AWESOME down here in little old Paris. A bit hot, but daddy's grapes are loving the heat. We are about to go on our annual North Carolina beach vacation, and guess who's going with me? You remember the guy I blogged about in the past? The one I was scared to reveal my feelings to? Well we've been dating for about 5 months now, and he's coming with us to North Carolina! When I found out he was going, I was so excited I could've wet myself! I haven't seen him in almost a month and now he's coming on a week-long vacation to the beach. Yay! But the real nature of this post has to do with that month-long absence. Shakespeare once said, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I feel like he was - painfully - right. Although I haven't seen Kyle (yes, mystery man has a name) in so long, I still love him just as much as if I'd seen him every day. He is still my everything, and now since I haven't gotten to see, hold, smell, kiss, or anything to him, I appreeciate our relationship, and our time together much more. That being said, hollywood shows a VERY unrealistic picture of long-distance-relationships. To hollywood, they're wildly romantic, and the women sit on their porches talking to their girlfriends about it while reading his letters and sipping sweet tea. Oh no honey! Have they gotten that picture wrong! First of all, you don't even want to talk to your girlfriends about it at the risk of sounding whiney or dramatic. And while love letters and such aren't unheard of, reading them with a calm smile me a sip of that southern sweet tea is. It's impossible to read a sweet letter, email, or even a sweet text without bawling your eyes out! Don't get me wrong, long distance relationships are totally worth it. Every tear, sleepless night, hug from mom is all worth it when you can actually see his face, and be with him. Yes, they're worth it, but that doesn't make them any easier. Keep it classy. Keep it country. Gretta Patrick <3

No comments:

Post a Comment