Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to Not Stress About Christmas Shopping.



Christmas shopping: probably the most fun a girl can have during the holiday season (sorry guys). One problem, it can also be the most stressful part of the season! "What should I get for Aunt Delilah?" or "Do you think my sister will like this shirt?" or "Will this cologne make my boyfriend smell like a girl?"
This can make a girl go mad. I know, I'm an expert. At going mad, that is! Especially over Christmas shopping, so here's the most surefire way to de-stress about it.

Just don't do it.

That's right, you heard me (not really). Just don't go Christmas shopping! Or at least, don't actually buy your gifts when you do. Still not catching my drift?

Do I have to hand this to you on a silver platter? Just make your Christmas gifts! Handmade gifts are so much better than literally anything you can buy! Granted, diamonds are still a girl's best friend (hint hint).

Think about this: sitting at home, snow falling outside, a fire roaring in the fireplace, watching Luke Wilson in The Family Stone (greatest Christmas movie EVER), and crafting. Doesn't that sound like bliss? And the best part is, you don't have to deny anyone a shopping trip! Just insist on going to a craft store, pick up some odds and ends, then sit in starbucks and sip your peppermint mocha while everyone else gets to figure out whether dad already has that hat.



End result: a much happier camper, and a lot more holiday cheer!

And you people wonder why I'm always the cheery one offering to make hot cocoa and popcorn around Christmas!

Also, sign up for pinterest! Then check the DIY sections for great ideas on what to make for people for this Christmas

Keep it classy. Keep it country,
Gretta Patrick <3

No comments:

Post a Comment