Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bible verse of the day. Leviticus 19:10


"Don't strip every last piece of fruit from the vines, and don't pick up the grapes that fall to the ground. Leave them for the poor and for those traveling through." Leviticus 19:10

For those of you who don't know, I made a new year's resolution to read the entire bible cover to cover this year. So I realize for a while, most of these bible verses are going to come from the Old
Testament. I'm reading the bible slowly, to take it all in, so just bear with me through this.

This verse kind of spoke to me because it mainly tells us that we should live simply and leave all we don't need for the less fortunate. Don't be greedy. There are others out there in more need than you. That which you don't need, don't take, because someone else could need it.

I wrote before about how I want to simplify things, and this bible verse is a good testament that living a godly life involves simple living. I still need to work on that, but nobody is perfect, especially not me. That's why I read the bible.

Keep it Classy, Keep it Country,
Gretta Patrick <3


No comments:

Post a Comment