Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Face of the day: Everyday smoky


Today's face of the day is a look I like to call: Everyday Smoky. 

It's all in the eyes and the lips. I used a combination of Mary Kay products, Physicians Formula, and my favorite underexposed beauty product, Vaseline, to achieve today's everyday smoky look. Just look at that smolder ^^


The eyes: 

I used the Physicians Formula Classic Nude eyeshadow pallet to create the smoky eyes. I only used the three colors to the far right of the pallet. They were like a pink-ish blush color, a silver, and a deep grey.

*Just a note about the Physicians Formula eyeshadows, they'e amazing! In fact, all Physician's formula products are top notch, especially for those of use with sensitive skin! Also, it's a great nude eyeshadow pallet if you don't want to spend upwards of $50! It's only $11.95.

I brushed on the pink-ish blush color onto my upper eyelids, swept the silver onto my eyelids, and used the deep grey very sparingly, with an angled eyeshadow brush, on my creases, and in a large sweep above where my eyeliner would go.

The liner is Mary Kay eyeliner in Steely. I've been trying a new thing lately where I only put eyeliner on the upper side of my eye, not the lower. I really like how natural it makes my eyes look: Not so high-schooly. Much more grown up.



The lips: 

I used Mary Kay Nourishine Plus lipgloss in Sweet Raisin. It's an old tube of it, but these suckers last for years! In fact, this is the same lipgloss I wore to my Senior Prom. Yep, I still have it.


The cheeks: 

The finishing touch of today's look is a little tip I use to highlight my cheekbones. I have fat little chipmunk cheeks, so any kind of highlighting other than pink blush is a welcome change.

I used Vaseline and dabbed it slightly over my makeup to highlight the tops of my cheekbones. It gives them a nice natural look I think.

Hardly noticeable, but just subtle enough to give my cheeks a POP! 

If you try out this color scheme on your face, I'd love to see it! Post in the comments, or put it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ChiCountry so I can see it! 

Keep it Classy. Keep it Country, 
Gretta Patrick

** Full Disclosure: I used to sell Mary Kay, but no longer have an affiliation with the company besides just loving their products. I have no ties to Physicians Formula or Vaseline either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment