Thursday, May 14, 2015

Les Bobos: The red wine for those who hate red wine.

Les Bobos is a really good red wine, if you're just getting into drinking wine.



Let's wine about it

Here's the thing, I love wine. That's no secret... I mean, I grew up on a winery so it would be weird if I didn't love wine. But I digress. Although I love wine, I just cannot get into drinking red wine.

Red wine is sophisticated. It's what you drink when you go out to dinner and order a steak. It's supposed to be rich, and velvety, and blah blah wine terms blahhhhh.

Unfortunately, every time I pop the cork off a cabernet, I pour myself a glass, take a sip, and think, "Where's the Pinot Grigio? I really want Pinot Grigio."

And that's how my red wine experiences went. That is... until I found Pinot Noir. How did I find it, you ask? I told my dad one night when we were ordering wine, that I didn't like red wine. For those of you who know my dad, you'll find this next part funny.

He looked at me and said, "I didn't either until I bought a bottle and felt like I had to finish it."

Anyway, I told him that red wine was just too... dry. He suggested a Pinot Noir. I loved it. And the rest is history. I've been drinking Pinot Noir ever since.



Then I signed up for Club W

Which I do not recommend. We'll get to that in a later post.

Anyway, I was getting bottle after bottle of dryish, heavyish, blah blah blah wine terms-ish, red wines. Then I cracked open a bottle of Les Bobos at a french themed party. I figured, what the heck? I'll try this. Also, in the back of my mind was my dad saying, "I didn't [like red wine] either until I bought a bottle and felt like I had to finish it," so I unscrewed the bottle and poured myself a glass.

What did I think?

As an amateur wine drinker, I'm not going to slip any wine blah blah blah in your face, because honestly, I'm not sure what any of it means (in case you couldn't already tell that). Instead, I'll just tell you that it wasn't heavy, like most reds I've drank. It wasn't really all that thick like most reds. It was kind of sweet, but not La Passione sweet. I tend to like wines that are fruity, so maybe it was just fruitier than most. I really can't tell you. All I can say is that I loved it!


The simple verdict: if you're new to the red wine scene, and you're dying to be that sophisticated person who orders red wine, try a bottle of this stuff. It's real good!

Keep it Classy. Keep it Country,
Gretta Patrick <3

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you watch "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt", but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6yttOfIvOw

    ReplyDelete